With Ethereum mining coming to an end, I have been looking to diversify and test out other GPU mineable coins. With this in mind I thought I would try Ergo.
ERGO is a new coin that is mined with the AUTOLYKOS2 algorithm.
Thanks to medium.com for getting me started, and please leave your comments and any helpful ideas.
Ergo is now supported on ethermine so I will be using that for this guide.
First of all we need to have a wallet or Exchange of ERGO. For the wallet you can download from github of ERGO or Yoroi Wallet – here is the list of current wallets:-
Probably one with most movements is CoinEX.
To start to mine ERGO in HiveOS we need to add the Wallet to our Wallets
Now we have it and we have to go to the Fligh Sheet to add the configuration:
Here is a list of ERGO mining pools:-
We choose the Coin ERG, later our Wallet, the pool I select for example ethermine and the miner of your choice.
Ethermine list these if you would like to install on windows.
This is optional and personal preference – when we are inside the configuration we should have it like that. I recommend to add –watchdog off . That parameter will make never stop mining if a GPU goes down. It will show if goes down which GPU is not mining and it will be easy to find the problem excess of OC or Undervolt, Riser, Mobo or PSU… normally in that order.
In case you choose nanopool and you like to have the EMAIL you should do it like the photo, instead %WAL%.%WORKER_NAME% it has to be changed to %WAL%/%WORKER_NAME%/YOUR_EMAIL_HERE
Now we only need to put a name to our flight sheet and create it:
Now we only need to launch the flight sheet directly clicking the rocket in your rig:
You will see something like this:
Enjoy your mining of ERGO.
This has been relatively simple and easy to setup – please leave us your feedback and what you are mining. Now time to work out the overclocks – not that’s another post in itself – remember to go from base in small increments.
Mining – Recommended Products
Recommended for efficiency and ease of use, ideal for beginners but do your own research as always.
Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT Gaming Graphics Card with 8GB GDDR6 –
- https://geni.us/tsnSapphirePulse (Paid Link)
- https://geni.us/tsn6600xt (Paid Link)
- PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT –
- https://geni.us/xp2c (Paid Link)
Great if you don’t want to shell out on a specialist board for more than 6 GPUs
- MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX Motherboard ATX, AM4, DDR4, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2
- https://geni.us/MSIX470GAMINGPLUSMAX (Paid Link)
This is the first in a series that I will post on GPU mining – remember to follow us on social media to keep in touch.
If you would like to do some GPU mining as well look for a higher spec chip.
- AMD Athlon 3000G 2-Core, 4-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Radeon Graphics – Check out the choice page a great choice from multiple vendors.
- https://geni.us/29Zk5 (Paid Link)
I would recommend for you to at least check out a server PSU – they are designed for long term use and are cheaper than ATX Power Supplies – with a ZFX board and Pico switch these can perform as a stand alone PSU – just remember to check your voltage as 120v will have a lower capacity on some units.
HP Server Power Supply 1200W PSU Mining 94% Platinum Efficiency – ebay UK
- https://geni.us/B5kVqF (Paid Link)
HP Server Power Supply 1200W PSU Mining 94% Platinum Efficiency – ebay US
- https://geni.us/ebayusa1200w (Paid Link)
HP Server Power Supply 1200W PSU Mining 94% Platinum Efficiency – ebay Canada
- https://geni.us/nLpi3 (Paid Link)
Amazon – Worldwide – HP 1200Watt Power Supply **Refurbished**
- https://geni.us/Z9U0t (Paid Link)
The more efficient the better for a PSU the below is a platinum PSU – with the added benefit of a 10 year warranty!
EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready 10 Year Warranty
- https://geni.us/24BMN (Paid Link)
- https://geni.us/nY20UW (Paid Link)
- https://geni.us/ZKbzsd (Paid Link)
For me when choosing a case its not really one model – it all depends on the amount of GPUs and you should choose accordingly.
Check out a selection and think what will fits the needs of the RIG you are building.
- https://geni.us/VVStxh (Paid Link)
Our Top 3 Open Air Frames
- Vtops Mining Rig Frame for 12 Gpu Open Mining Case
- https://amzn.to/3A7TFIT (Paid Link)
- Veddha T2 6 GPU 8 GPU Minercase V3C
- https://geni.us/veddhaT2 (Paid Link)
- Domeilleur Steel Open Air Miner Mining Frame Rig Case Up To 6 Gpu
- https://geni.us/domframe (Paid Link)
Not to be overlooked cooling is very important but it also does not really matter about the price look for the airflow – if you like RGB go for it but personally I am staying away from them as they just attract moths etc.
- Antec 120mm Case Fan, PC Case Fan High Performance, 3-pin Connector, PF12 Series 5 Packs
- https://geni.us/kjRq55 (Paid Link)
SSD / USB
This is another personal preference but I use hive OS so have found that a USB stick is sufficient and have not had a failure in 9 months with:-
- SanDisk 64 GB Cruzer Force USB Flash Drive
- https://geni.us/p8t6B (Paid Link)
I prefer not to cheap out on RAM and split a 16GB pack into 2 rigs.
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
- https://geni.us/S7eKR (Paid Link)
I personally use HiveOS – check them out simple and easy to use – plus you can see your Rigs anywhere!
- https://hiveos.farm?ref=340660 (Paid Link)
TP-Link Tapo Smart Plug Wi-Fi Outlet
- https://geni.us/smartplug1 (Paid Link)
Smart Plug, Mini 13A Smart Plug Works with Alexa and Google Home, Alexa WiFi Plugs Socket with Voice Control, APP Control, Energy Monitoring, Timer Function, No Hub Required, 2.4GHz ONLY, 4 Pack
- https://geni.us/smartplug2 (Paid Link)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.